Socorro Police Department
• A man complained another man had been verbally told to leave a vacant house on the 300 block of School of Mines Road, but the suspect returned and was in the home. An officer entered the vacant home and found the suspect hiding under a mattress. The suspect was arrested and booked into county jail.
• A woman reported her watch was stolen several weeks ago, and that she had heard it might be at the pawn shop. An officer spoke to the owner of the pawn shop, who said he had the watch. The pawn shop owner showed the officer paperwork that included information on a possible suspect.
• An officer witnessed a man being very loud in the Plaza and attempting to fight somebody. The officer arrested the man and booked him into county jail.
• A man reported another man and woman acting suspicious at Family Dollar. The two left the store and sounded the theft alarm, and he saw them run to a vehicle and leave the property. The man got the license plate number of the vehicle, and the officer tried to locate the vehicle without success. The complainant was unable to list what merchandise was stolen at the time of the report.
• A woman reported a man chased her down on the 500 block of U.S. Highway 85 and struck her hand with a knife during an argument, then fled. The officer saw the injury to the woman’s hand, as well as met with a witness who saw the suspect knock the victim down in the median and leave the scene. The officer found the suspect hiding behind a wall and took him into custody. The suspect declined to give a statement. Another officer assisted on the call and found narcotics in the home. The second officer took the suspect to the hospital for treatment and photographed the suspect’s injuries.
• A man was pulled over for a traffic violation and showed signs of intoxication. He was given field sobriety tests and arrested. He provided two breath samples with results of .08 and .07. He was booked into county jail.
• An officer was dispatched at about 11:50 p.m. to a fight at KOA. The suspect was very loud and verbally abusive. The suspect was advised several times to stay inside and calm down, but the suspect continued the rude behavior until arrested and booked into the detention center.
• At about 1:08 a.m., a resident of the 100 block of Neal Avenue reported a woman was calling and harassing the resident. The resident said the suspect was a drug user and may be in the country illegally, and wanted the suspect arrested on this information. Police documented the incident.
• An officer stopped a man who was carrying a firearm at about 2 a.m. The suspect also had marijuana and paraphernalia. The firearm was taken as possible evidence and the suspect was ticketed.
• A woman reported a man pushed her vehicle over a curb with his vehicle. The officer located the man’s vehicle at his residence and noted tow hooks on the vehicle that left red marks on the victim’s vehicle. The man was located later and advised to stay away from the victim.
• A man complained another man was following him in town attempting to stop him to engage in a fight. The victim asked police to contact the suspect and tell him to stop harassment. The suspect was later contacted at a local business and told to stay away from the victim. The suspect agreed to stop the harassment.
• A resident of the 1000 block of Goad reported someone was damaging Republican Party campaign signs over the past two days, and those signs cost $5 each to replace.
• A resident of the 1200 block of Santa Fe Lane reported a man grabbed her from behind, throwing her to the ground. The man admitted to pulling the woman off of two other suspects, women who were voluntarily engaged in a fight. The man was arrested and booked into the detention center. The fighting women admitted to fighting with each other at the scene, the complainant’s residence, and both were cited into court for public affray.
• Police located a suspect at Pump & Save and arrested him for an outstanding warrant, which was confirmed by the National Crime Information Center.
• An employee at the jail located narcotics on a man while the man was in custody there. The suspect was read his Miranda rights and asked about the narcotics. The suspect requested an attorney. He was charged with crimes.
• Officers located a suspect at about 1:30 a.m. at Circle K and arrested him on a warrant.
• An officer stopped a suspect in the area of California Street and Wal Street at about 2:45 a.m. for a traffic violation. The suspect appeared to be intoxicated and performed poorly on field sobriety tests. The suspect was arrested and gave two breath samples with results of .11 and .10, then was booked into county jail.
• A suspect was stopped for a traffic violation on Spring Street about 5:26 a.m. The suspect appeared to be intoxicated and performed poorly on field sobriety tests. The suspect was arrested and gave two breath samples with results of .14 and .13, then was booked into county jail.
• A woman reported harassing text messages from another woman, who was contacted and told to stop.
• A man was stopped for a traffic violation on Northeast Frontage Road about 6:30 p.m. The suspect appeared to be intoxicated and performed poorly on field sobriety tests. He was arrested and he refused chemical testing of his breath, then he was booked into county jail.
• An officer responded to a domestic dispute on the 600 block of Gianera Street. A male suspect refused lawful orders and was arrested. He resisted officers during processing, then was booked into county jail.
• A man reported he heard three gunshots at Valverde. When he walked to the street, he noticed three of his windows broken out. Officers found a BB inside the residence. A witness stated he saw a gray on silver SUV with a man hanging out of the window and holding a gun. Officers attempted to find the suspect but were not able to.