Socorro County Sheriff’s Office
• A deputy met with another sheriff’s deputy, who was conducting an investigation in conjunction with an investigator working for the Recording Industry Association of America. Three suspects — a Socorro man, a Rio Rancho man and an Albuquerque woman — were selling counterfeit or pirated music discs and DVD movies at the flea market in Socorro on the 200 block of California Street. Purchases were made by the investigator at different times of day on April 27. CDs and DVDs were seized, and a request for destruction of these items was made to the courts.
• A deputy assisted a Bureau of Land Management ranger with the arrest of a Santa Fe man for resisting/evading an officer in the area of Quebradas Road, Escondida. The deputy transported the suspect to the sheriff’s department, where he was processed prior to incarceration.
• A deputy arrested a Veguita man about 8:29 p.m. on two warrants and transported him to the detention center.
• A deputy was dispatched to the area of state Highway 304 and U.S. 60 in reference to a vehicle fire. The deputy learned that a body was found at the scene and assisted the crime lab with road security.
• A deputy met with a resident of the 200 block of Fifth Street, who said he wanted to turn himself in because he had a warrant for his arrest. The deputy confirmed the warrant and arrested the man.
• A deputy assisting the DWI Compliance Office was advised a resident of the 200 block of Mesquite had a warrant for his arrest. The deputy confirmed the warrant and arrested the suspect.
• A deputy arrested a Lemitar man on a warrant about 8:07 p.m. at Isidro Baca Park.
• A deputy pulled over a vehicle on Interstate 25 about 3:01 p.m. for a traffic violation. The deputy learned the driver, an Albuquerque woman, was driving on a suspended license and that she had a warrant for her arrest. The deputy arrested the woman and transported her to the sheriff’s department for processing, but she was able to bond out on the warrant. She was issued a citation for the traffic violation.
• A deputy was dispatched to the 4300 block of Chaparral, Socorro, about 12:30 p.m. and met with a woman who reported the 91-year-old resident of the home was unresponsive. EMTs were called but the man had no signs of life. The Office of the Medical Investigator was called and the man was pronounced dead.
• Two vehicles driven by Albuquerque men were traveling southbound on Interstate 25. One vehicle was carrying a piece of equipment used to separate rock. The other vehicle was passing it when the first vehicle hit a bump, which dislodged gravel and small rocks, which struck the grill and windshield of the passing vehicle. The company that owns the first vehicle agreed to repair any damage. There were no injuries and no enforcement action was taken.
• A deputy assisting the DWI Compliance Office learned an Alamo man had an outstanding arrest warrant. The deputy confirmed the warrant and arrested the man.
• A deputy was dispatched to Socorro Magistrate Court about 9:30 a.m. and arrested a suspect, a Los Lunas man, on an outstanding warrant.
• A deputy assisting the DWI Compliance Office learned a resident of the 900 block of Sean Street had an outstanding warrant for his arrest. The deputy confirmed the warrant and arrested the man.
• A deputy was dispatched to Monterey Road in Veguita about 8:25 a.m. for an animal attack and met with the victim, who said her neighbor’s dog went into her yard and attacked her. She had dog bites on both hands and forearms, and her injuries were treated in Belen. The deputy attempted to contact the neighbor, the dog’s owner, but had no contact. The neighbor was cited into Magistrate Court.