The Blotter 3/16/2013
Magdalena Marshal’s Office
• About 6:39 p.m. an officer was called to the Magdalena Schools where a man and woman were involved in a domestic dispute. A child was being dragged by his arm around the parking lot. Magdalena EMS responded to assist. After an investigation, the man and woman were separated and a report was taken to mental health in Alamo for review. No one was injured.
• About 6:15 p.m. an officer was called to the Magdalena Schools for a possible fight. Upon arrival, the officer asked one male to leave the game. • About 9:25 p.m. an officer with Socorro County deputies responded to a fight in progress on Oak Street. Upon arrival, police questioned three females. Both males had left the scene. The investigation continued into March 1 when a male subject was arrested for aggravated battery on his aunt and a house arrest violation. The second male subject is on the run; he has two outstanding warrants.
• About 8:30 a.m. an officer took a report of harassment on Main Street. No charges have been filed but the parties involved have been warned.
• About 8 p.m. an officer stopped a vehicle for failure to yield at a stop intersection. The driver was arrested for aggravated DWI and driving on a suspended or revoked license. The driver was also charged with the traffic violations and no insurance. The vehicle was impounded.
Socorro Police Dept.
• A Socorro man reported about 1:50 a.m. he came out of the Bodega to find his vehicle window broke, as well as laptop and backpack with books taken. Estimated damage to the window is $600; estimated value of the laptop and books is $920. The man provided a serial number for the computer and signed a theft declaration, and it was entered into the National Crime Information Center database.
• An employee of Pump & Save reported about 6 a.m. she came to work to find the window and door broken. It appeared they were shot with a pellet or BB gun. Damage is estimated at$500.
• A Capitol Bar employee reported a Socorro man tampered with a lock to enter a secured, staff-only office. The officer viewed surveillance video and identified the suspect.