The Blotter (10/24/13)
Magdalena Marshal’s Office
• About 11:21 a.m. an officer attempted a traffic stop on U.S. Highway 60 where the driver of a black Dodge passenger car was speeding. The driver led the officer on a high speed pursuit to Alamo where the vehicle got away. An arrest warrant has been issued for the driver of that vehicle.
• About 9:30 a.m. an officer took a report of shots fired into a well house at a residence. The subjects were located and turned over to the Juvenile Probation Office.
• About 4 p.m. an officer found an unruly subject intoxicated on First Street. The person was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct.
• About 10:30 p.m. an officer took a report of stolen prescription medication. The medication was found and had not been stolen.
• About 11:30 a.m. an officer took a report of a missing man from Alamo. Alamo Navajo police were notified. The man has not been located.
• An officer was called to a residence where items were reported stolen. Upon arrival the officer found it was a civil matter.
• About 9:30 a.m. an officer took a report of diesel fuel stolen from a truck parked at a residence on Kelly Road. No suspects have been located.
• About 2:20 p.m. an officer responded to a burglary at a residence on U.S. Highway 60 west of Magdalena. Several items were stolen. No suspects have been located. The case is under investigation.
• About 8:27 p.m. an officer responded to a battery at a softball tournament located at the Magdalena Schools. Upon the officer’s arrival the subjects had left the area. Charges have been filed on a male subject who struck a 16-year-old boy attending the tournament.
• About 9:30 p.m. an officer took a report of a dog bite on Elm and Third Street. The child was treated and released. The dog was quarantined, and the owner provided rabies vaccination for the dog.
• About 2 p.m. an officer took a report of a missing weapon. The weapon has been entered in the National Crime Information Center database.
• About 8 a.m. an officer responded to a dispute involving two male subjects. Weapons were involved. The subjects were separated and no charges were filed.
• About 4:40 p.m. an officer was called to the Family Dollar where two vehicles collided, causing damage. A report was taken.
• About 9:30 a.m. an officer was called to the Magdalena Schools where three students were involved in a fight. The students were suspended from school and parents picked up their children.
• About 9 a.m. an officer was called to the Magdalena Medical Clinic where windows had been broken. A custodian was cutting weeds in the area and rocks from a trimmer were thrown through the glass. The case is closed.
• About 9 a.m. an officer took two reports of a male subject breaking windows out of two residences on Oak Street in Magdalena. The male subject has been charged in Socorro Magistrate Court.
• About 2 p.m. an officer took a report of credit card theft. The card was used in California. The case was turned over the credit card company.
• About 9 p.m. an officer took a report of a battery on a household member on Ash Street by the Family Dollar. A female was questioned in the case. The battered male refused to prosecute his spouse.
• About 10:30 p.m. officers were called to a residence on Main Street where a man with a gun threatened his spouse and her father. The man was gone upon officers’ arrival. The case has been turned over to the District Attorney’s office for prosecution.
• About 12:19 p.m. an officer was called to a residence on South Chestnut where a bottle was thrown through the window of a vehicle. Evidence was found at the scene to indicate a suspect. Evidence has been sent to the New Mexico Crime Lab. The case is open pending the outcome.
• About 2:40 a.m. an officer was called to a residence on Kelly Road in reference to a domestic disturbance. Upon arrival the officer took a female into custody. Three subjects were charged in the case. The female was taken to Socorro General Hospital for stitches and then to the Socorro County Detention Center.
• About 4:30 p.m. an officer took a report of a burglary on Chestnut Street. A male drive and female passenger of a vehicle went to the residence and broke into the front door. Several electronics were taken. The two suspects have been identified and are being sought by law enforcement.
• About 9 a.m. an officer took a report of embezzlement at a local business. A male subject was apprehended.
• About 8:30 p.m. an officer was called to a fight in progress at the Family Dollar. Two women were involved. One has been charged in Socorro Magistrate Court.
• About 3:45 p.m. an officer was notified that a man had stolen a wallet from a teacher at the Magdalena Schools. The man was stopped by the officer and charged in Magdalena Municipal Court.
• An officer was called to the Magdalena Schools where three boys were in possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. The students were suspended and the case was turned over to Juvenile Probation and Parole.
• About 1 p.m. an officer was called to a residence on Las Tusas Street where someone was trying to get a credit card in another person’s name. A report was taken and turned over to the credit card company.